My man knows how to cut a rug. Sadly, I simply stand on it. I’m a wallflower at best. But I will be the first to admit that I don’t mind grooving with G. He makes me look good and feel beautiful. We’ve been thinking of some first song choices and here’s what we came up with so far:
- Al Green – “L-O-V-E”- You can’t go wrong with Al Green.
- Sam Cooke- “You Send Me”- Love me some Sam. Love. Me. Some. Sam. Also, we think the song would be fun to play around with.
- Etta James- “If I can’t have you”- One of the *first* songs that I heard that reminds me of Greg when I listen to it.
- Ray LaMontagne – “You are the best thing”-Very fun but I’m afraid it may become too trendy this wedding season. And I kinda don’t want to have the same first song as nearly every 2009 bride out there. No offense.
- Seth Walker-“Steady”- G. took me to see Seth on our second date. “Steady” happens to be one of the more “happier” songs of his.
- Ingrid Michaelson-“The Way I am”- It’s an us song but I’m afraid it won’t be easy to dance to. Hmm…
- Feist-“1,2,3,4”- Same as above.
So we haven’t come to a decision. G. might just do a medley of two or three and we can work it from there.
The father/daughter song selection may be a bit tricky. I’d love to dance a salsa with my Papí but I can’t seem to find a salsa version of “Mí Nina Boñita” that I can buy. I might have to settle for “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder. Luckily I have a few months before I have to decide.