Wedding video highlights!
Tag Archives: reception
Click here for the fauxtobooth pics taken at the wedding. We suggest watching it as a slide show.
Thank goodness for venues that allow for the couple to bring in their own alcohol. You are able to shop around and compare prices and everyone knows that’s the best way to find a deal. This weekend we got our wedding day bar supply. Some were purchased with an employee’s recommendation, others are people’s favorite (Phillip’s Union anyone?). Behold:
Ain’t it beautiful? Not included are all the soft drinks, juices and 48 bottles of wine and 48 bottles of beer. Our venue notified us we went over a bit with the vodka and wine but I’m okay with that. If you know me you know how much I love to throw get-togethers and parties. Is it crazy that I am already PUMPED about throwing our first post-wedding party (The Gingerbread People Decorating and Cookie Swap Christmas Party)? No, not crazy, just always thinking ahead. Can’t help it.
My man knows how to cut a rug. Sadly, I simply stand on it. I’m a wallflower at best. But I will be the first to admit that I don’t mind grooving with G. He makes me look good and feel beautiful. We’ve been thinking of some first song choices and here’s what we came up with so far:
- Al Green – “L-O-V-E”- You can’t go wrong with Al Green.
- Sam Cooke- “You Send Me”- Love me some Sam. Love. Me. Some. Sam. Also, we think the song would be fun to play around with.
- Etta James- “If I can’t have you”- One of the *first* songs that I heard that reminds me of Greg when I listen to it.
- Ray LaMontagne – “You are the best thing”-Very fun but I’m afraid it may become too trendy this wedding season. And I kinda don’t want to have the same first song as nearly every 2009 bride out there. No offense.
- Seth Walker-“Steady”- G. took me to see Seth on our second date. “Steady” happens to be one of the more “happier” songs of his.
- Ingrid Michaelson-“The Way I am”- It’s an us song but I’m afraid it won’t be easy to dance to. Hmm…
- Feist-“1,2,3,4”- Same as above.
So we haven’t come to a decision. G. might just do a medley of two or three and we can work it from there.
The father/daughter song selection may be a bit tricky. I’d love to dance a salsa with my Papí but I can’t seem to find a salsa version of “Mí Nina Boñita” that I can buy. I might have to settle for “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder. Luckily I have a few months before I have to decide.
For our Out-of-Towners. Money well spent, I say! How often can you say you ate a customized Fruit Roll-up? This tickles me.